The eighth episode of the In the Bunch show travels the length and breadth of South Africa for all the latest cycling news, including career-changing wins, well-earned retirements and controversial presidential utterances.
Episode eight includes:
- Chris Jooste and Yzette Oelofse deliver career-changing wins at the inaugural Tshwane Classic;
- The best field in years made Wines2Whales victory special for Matthys Beukes and Jennie Stenerhag;
- Roadie turned mountain biker Waylon Woolcock discusses his retirement;
- Declan Sidey receives a career lifeline just before winning the final TrailSeeker Gauteng event;
- Class three UCI status means the Attakwas Extreme MTB Challenge will form part of the UCI Marathon World Series next year;
- David Lappartient wants to reduce Grand Tour teams to six riders, but DiData principal Douglas Ryder doesn’t share his sentiments;
- The Commonwealth Games trials took place recently, now we wait to hear who made the grade; and
- Three South African cyclists have been nominated for the SA Sports Awards.
Images & video courtesy of: Kyle Cestari, Rat Race Media, David Tarpey, Tobias Ginsberg, Newsport Media, Jacques Marais, Great Zuurberg Trek, Ewald Sadie, ZC Marketing Consulting, Scott Mitchell, Stiehl Photography, Double ST, Toni Mould, Andrew McFadden, Velofocus & Johnny Koen.