The 2017 Double Century route, which starts and finishes in Swellendam, traverses quiet roads that offer up great challenges for all to enjoy.
Teams will cover 202km with a total of 2 100m of climbing as they make their way to the finish.
• From Swellendam, exit the town via Swellengrebel Road and turn left onto the N2.
• Left towards Suurbraak.
• Left onto the R324 up Tradouw Pass towards Barrydale.
• 32km Refreshment station at the top of Tradouw Pass.
• Left onto the R62.
• Over Op De Tradouw to Montagu on the R62.
• 65km Feeding station at Op De Tradouw.
• There will be a neutral zone between Montagu and the Ashton team support zone. Each team’s time will be paused for up to one hour allowing cyclists to cycle along Cogmanskloof (currently under construction). Cyclists may not exceed 30km/hour in this stretch.
• 115km Meet support vehicle at the team support zone in Ashton. Water will be available at this point to fill bottles.
• Left onto the R60 towards Robertson (No team support vehicles are allowed beyond this point).
• Left at the Robertson circle towards Bonnievale.
• 145 km Before reaching Bonnievale, turn right onto the R317 (Stormsvlei Road) over Rooibrug towards Bonnievale Cellars. There is a refreshment station here.
• 160km The second Team Support Zone starts 2.7km before Bonnievale Cellars. Water will be available at this point to fill bottles.
• At the T-junction, turn right towards the N2.
• Turn left to head towards Drew (No team support vehicles are allowed beyond this point).
• 176km The Drew feeding station is the final stop of the race.
• Turn right onto the R60 and continue towards Swellendam over the Three Witches, a testing triplet of longer-than-they-look-with-tired-legs climbs that bring you into Swellendam.
• Turn left into Van Eeden Street towards the finish line.
Roughly 10km of the route is affected by roadworks currently taking place between Montagu and Ashton
There will be a neutral zone between Van Riebeeck Road in Montagu to the end of the Ashton team support zone in Zandvliet Road.
From there, cyclists will have a further 30 minutes of neutral time to refuel at their designated team support zone areas.
Van Riebeeck Road, Montagu – 3.3km
Cogmanskloof Pass – 5.7km
Ashton (from the Pass to the turnoff at Zandvliet Road) – 3km
Zandvliet Road, Ashton – 2.5km
NOTE: Route conditions and neutral zones are provisional and may be subject to change.