Chris Brand and Roy Pepper extended their overall lead when they won day two of the Umngazi Pondo Pedal in the Umngazi area today.
The Ballies pair finished the 35km route in 1:59:57. Second place went to Dog Knulla’s Mark Jason and Ryan Amblersmith, who finished in 2:04:50. Once-A-Year’s Willie Pelser and Niekie Pelser placed third in 2:26:08.
Blondes on a bender’s Michelle du Toit and Bev Wood claimed victory in the women’s team race after 2:31:37.
Giant Cadence’s Ewan Cochran and Brenda Potts won the mixed team race in 2:22:41. Team Rowland’s Alison and Mark Rowland finished second in 2:46:54, with Hit-it’s Sue Thompson and Shane Yates third in 2:53:46.
Robbie Cummings won the solo men’s race in 2:05:50, while the women’s win went to Vicky Moore in 2:09:16.
View more results below.
Stage two results
1. Chris Brand & Roy Pepper (Ballies) 1:59:57
2. Mark Jason & Ryan Amblersmith (Dog Knulla) 2:04:50
3. Willie Pelser & Niekie Pelser (Once-A-Year) 2:26:08
4. Marc Young & Andrew Blakeway (DBU Services) 2:30:10
5. Johan de Kock & Albert Kuhn (The Beverage Boys) 2:31:40
1. Michelle du Toit & Bev Wood (Blondes on a bender) 2:31:37
1. Ewan Cochran & Brenda Potts (Giant Cadence) 2:12:27
2. Alison Rowland & Mark Rowland (Team Rowland) 2:46:54
3. Sue Thompson & Shane Yates (Hit-it) 2:53:46
4. Colin Goosen & Ingrid Goosen (Goose and Gander) 2:59:59
5. Nicole Grinaker Brown & Matthew Brown (Perky Peddlars) 3:10:42
1. Ken Cullinan 2:05:50
2. Ben Killian 2:12:32
3. Stuart Roos 2:27:57
4. Mark Forster 2:31:25
5. Gavin Kruger 2:46:32
1. Vicky Moore 2:09:16
2. Nicolle Weir 2:40:38
3. Sarah Freestone 4:53:15