Chris Brand and Roy Pepper won day one of the Umngazi Pondo Pedal that took place in the Umngazi area yesterday.
The Ballies riders completed the 33km route in a time of 2:12:30. Second over the line were Dog Knulla’s Mark Jason and Ryan Amblersmith, with Cox Yeats’ Richard Hoal and Miles Swanepoel third in 2:47:59.
Blondes on a bender’s Michelle du Toit and Bev Wood won the women’s team race in a time of 2:51:53.
The mixed team race was won by Giant Cadence’s Ewan Cochran and Brenda Potts in 2:22:41. Goose and Gander’s Colin and Ingrid Goosen came second in 2:58:23, with Team Rowland’s Alison and Mark Rowland third in 3:05:12.
Robbie Cummings won the solo men’s race in 2:17:20, while the women’s win went to Vicky Moore in 2:23:59.
View more results below.
Stage one results
1. Chris Brand & Roy Pepper (Ballies) 2:12:30
2. Mark Jason & Ryan Amblersmith (Dog Knulla) 2:22:00
3. Richard Hoal & Miles Swanepoel (Cox Yeats 1) 2:47:59
4. Marc Young & Andrew Blakeway (DBU Services) 2:49:40
5. Willie Pelser & Niekie Pelser (Once-A-Year) 2:52:40
1. Michelle du Toit & Bev Wood (Blondes on a bender) 2:51:53
1. Ewan Cochran & Brenda Potts (Giant Cadence) 2:22:41
2. Colin Goosen & Ingrid Goosen (Goose and Gander) 2:58:23
3. Alison Rowland & Mark Rowland (Team Rowland) 3:05:12
4. Sue Thompson & Shane Yates (Hit-it) 3:13:50
5. Nicole Grinaker Brown & Matthew Brown (Perky Peddlars) 3:55:10
1. Robbie Cummings 2:17:20
2. Ben Killian 2:24:45
3. Mark Forster 3:02:40
4. Gavin Kruger 3:08:37
5. Duncan Mackinnon 3:16:10
1. Vicky Moore 2:23:59
2. Nicolle Weir 2:52:47
3. Sarah Freestone 5:31:17