The Insect Science-Garmin duo beat DSV Pro Cycling’s Gert Heyns and Arno du Toit, followed by William Simpson’s Mike Posthumus and Derrin Smith.
Heyns and Du Toit led for most of the race but lost some time when they took a wrong turn just after checkpoint seven, allowing for Hammond and Swanepoel to build up a lead.
Posthumus and Smith realised that Heyns and Du Toit were on a different route and waited for them to get back before they all rode together to the finish line.
Ultimate Cycling’s Yolande de Villiers and Neil Ungerer took the mixed spoils in 8:23:19.
View the results below.
1. Timothy Hammond & Ben Melt Swanepoel (Insect Science-Garmin) 7:51:06
2. Gert Heyns & Arno du Toit (DSV Pro Cycling) 7:57:00
3. Mike Posthumus & Derrin Smith (William Simpson) 7:57:01
4. Gert Fouche & Jac Louis van Wyk (Bianchi-SPH Transport) 8:18:40
5. Steven Philip Haves & Andreas Studer (Bikelane-SPH Transport) 8:21:47
6. Hansie Joubert & Jaco Ferreira (Bianchi Racing) 8:23:13
7. Dirkus Coetzee & Alwyn Steenkamp (Honingcraft 5) 8:27:05
8. Philip Malan & Jan Hendrik Pretorius (Zamalek 5) 8:29:51
9. Jason Peach & Jason Reed (Saddle & Cleats) 8:35:25
1. Theresa Ralph & Sarah Hill (Galileo Risk) 8:58:02
2. Sarah van Heerden & Cindy Theunissen (Riding for Jason) 11:41:44
3. Marle Kotze & Naomi Visser (Long Life) 12:30:33
1. Yolande de Villiers & Neil Ungerer (Ultimate Cycling Knysna) 8:23:19
2. Kevin Taljaard & Siska van der Bijl (East Coast Cycles) 9:14:44
3. Christo Roos & Tanya Kirstein (Enduroplanet) 9:41:01