Cyclists will tackle a 94.7km loop that will start and end at the Riversands Commercial Park in reverse direction to previous editions.
Total road closure will be implemented along the way to ensure the safety of both cyclists and residents.
View a summary of the closed roads, intersections affected, opening and closing times, as well as additional details below.
- Erling Rd (Lynx Rd to Steyn City Gatehouse) 4.30am to 10.35am – no vehicle crossing
- Cedar Rd (Gateside Ave to R114) 4.30am to 11.05am – no vehicle crossing
- R114 (Cedar Rd to Malibongwe Dr) 4.40am to 11.20am – R552 open to traffic to/from Lanseria
- Malibongwe Dr (R114 [Old Lion Park] to Witkoppen) 4.45am to 11.40am – contraflow – Malibongwe(N) all day
- Witkoppen Rd (Malibongwe Dr to Douglas Rd) 4.45am to 12pm – no vehicle crossing
- Douglas Rd (Witkoppen Rd to Grosvenor Rd) 5am to 12.10pm – no vehicle crossing
- Grosvenor Rd (Douglas Rd to Moray Dr) 5.05am to 12.15pm – no vehicle crossing
- Moray Dr (Grosvenor Rd to Cumberland Str) 5.10am to 12.15pm – no vehicle crossing
- Cumberland Ave (Moray Dr to Homestead Ave) 5.10am to 12.20pm – no vehicle crossing
- Homestead Ave (Cumberland Ave to Bram Fischer Dr) 5.15am to 12.30pm – no vehicle crossing
- Bram Fischer Dr (Homestead Ave to Jan Smuts Ave) 5.15am to 12.35pm – no vehicle crossing
- Jan Smuts Ave (Bram Fischer to Empire Rd) 5.15am to 1.20pm – no vehicle crossing
- Bertha Rd (Empire Rd to Nelson Mandela Bridge) 5.30am to 1.30pm – no vehicle crossing
- Carr Str (Ntemi Piliso Rd to Miriam Makeba Rd) 5.30am to 1.30pm – no vehicle crossing
- M1 South (Buccleuch Interchange to M2 Split) 4.30am to 2.35pm – crossings: Marlboro, Grayston, Corlett, Athol Oaklands, Glenhove, 11th, Riviera, Oxford, Smit
- Woodmead Dr (M1S to Maxwell Dr) 6am to 2.50pm – contraflow – Woodmead Dr (N): Maxwell Dr to Old PTA Rd East
- R55 (Summit Rd to Maxwell Dr) 6am to 4pm – no vehicle crossing
- Summit Rd (R55 to R511) 6.30am to 4.25pm – no vehicle crossing
- Mnandi Rd (Summit Rd to Riversands Blvd) 6.30am to 4.30pm – no vehicle crossing
- Riversands Blvd (Mnandi Rd to Erling Rd) Closed – not open to public
There are three access routes into the Riversands park for parking.
- William Nicol: If accessing from the N1, N3, M1N and Sandton use William Nicol Drive onto Erling Road.
- Main Rd: If using Main Road to access the venue, turn off into Zinnia Road and use the secured orange parking at Pinnacle College.
- N14: If accessing from the northern side, use the M26 onto R511 from Laudium, or N14, Diepsloot off ramp onto the R511 or proceed to N1 Rivonia Road exit via Witkoppen to Main Road or William Nicol Drive.