Fabio Jakobsen was relegated on stage three of the Tour de Pologne in Zabrze today, which resulted in Pascal Ackermann winning the stage.
The Dutchman was relegated for irregular sprinting after crossing the line first.
Danny van Poppel placed second in the 157km stage, with Mads Pedersen crossing the line in third. John Degenkolb and Maximilian Walscheid placed fourth and fifth respectively.
Ackermann also kept the race lead, with Fernando Gaviria second overall and Luka Mezgec third.
Tragic news from today was that Bjorg Lambrecht died following a crash during the final 100km.
“Today, the result of the race doesn’t matter,” said Ackermann.
“I was devastated to hear today’s tragic news and I would like to personally send my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Bjorg and everyone at Lotto Soudal.”
View more results below.
Stage three results
1. Pascal Ackermann (Ger) Bora-Hansgrohe 3:29:41
2. Danny van Poppel (Ned) Team Jumbo-Visma
3. Mads Pedersen (Den) Trek-Segafredo
4. John Degenkolb (Ger) Trek-Segafredo
5. Maximilian Walscheid (Ger) Team Sunweb
6. Mark Cavendish (GBr) Dimension Data
7. Marc Sarreau (Fra) Groupama-FDJ
8. Andrea Peron (Ita) Team Novo Nordisk
9. Fernando Gaviria (Col) UAE Team Emirates
10. Matej Mohoric (Slo) Bahrain-Merida
113. Stefan De Bod (RSA) Dimension Data
134. Jaco Venter (RSA) Dimension Data +0:33:00
1. Pascal Ackermann (Ger) Bora-Hansgrohe 10:00:01
2. Fernando Gaviria (Col) UAE Team Emirates +0:12:00
3. Luka Mezgec (Slo) Mitchelton-Scott +0:14:00
4. Pawel Franczak (Pol) Poland +0:16:00
5. Jakub Kacmarek (Pol) Poland +0:17:00
6. Danny van Poppel (Ned) Team Jumbo-Visma +0:18:00
7. Fabio Jakobsen (Ned) Deceuninck-Quick-Step +0:20:00
8. Ben Swift (GBr) Team Ineos +0:22:00
9. Quentin Jauregui (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
10. Matej Mohoric (Slo) Bahrain-Merida +0:23:00
109. Stefan De Bod (RSA) Dimension Data +0:24:00
141. Jaco Venter (RSA) Dimension Data +5:02:00