Nicol Carstens and Marco Joubert followed in second, while Johan van Zyl and Tristan Nortje rounded out the podium.
The mixed event saw Katie Lennard and James Tennant ride to victory ahead of Hayley Preen and Andrew Reaper. Third went to Kylie Hanekom and Nicholas Webb.
Marleen Lourens and Louise Ferreira were the first to finish the women’s team competition. Second were Lara Tennent and Simone van Aardt with Nicki Sutherland and Collette Bastard claiming third.
Pieter Hugo won the solo men’s race, beating Tiaan Ebing and Andreas Studer to the finish line.
Hanlie Booyens secured the victory in the women’s race, while Esther Lategan and Sune Henning had to settle for second and third.
More results can be viewed below.
Stage one results
1. Gert Heyns & Arno du Toit (DSV Pro Cycling) 1:35:39
2. Nicol Carstens & Marco Joubert (Imbuko-Giant Pro Cycling) 1:38:22
3. Johan van Zyl & Tristan Nortje (Imbuko-Giant Young Guns) 1:38:30
4. Max Sullivan & Shuan Glover 1:48:40
5. Oliver Munnik & Chris Wolhuter (Team working smart, not hard) 1:53:58
1. Katie Lennard & James Tennant (Lennard/Tennant) 1:54:26
2. Hayley Preen & Andrew Reaper (Bike Park Uitsig) 2:01:57
3. Kylie Hanekom & Nicholas Webb (Specialized) 2:04:40
4. Louisa de Jongh & Werner van der Merwe (Chafing the dream) 2:43:38
5. Carel Matthee & Francis Matthee (Matthee strong) 2:52:20
1. Marleen Lourens & Louise Ferreira (Louise & Marleen) 2:22:49
2. Lara Tennent & Simone van Aardt (Girls Who Ride) 2:26:36
3. Nicki Sutherland & Collette Bastard (Boobies&Bar) 2:34:51
4. Heather Collen & Kerry Ould 2:42:43
5. Michele Lewis & Saretha Slabber (Biosport) 3:00:32
1. Pieter Hugo 1:52:04
2. Tiaan Ebing 1:52:09
3. Andreas Studer 1:54:26
4. Bobby Behan 1:56:27
5. Brett Chilcott 1:57:32
1. Hanlie Booyens 2:05:11
2. Esther Lategan 2:14:05
3. Sune Henning 2:25:18
4. Marinda Bruwer 2:26:15
5. Marietjie Lutz 2:34:01