Leonardo van Onselen and Linus van Onselen won the opening stage of the Swazi Frontier, a four day mountain bike race that takes place in the north-west of Swaziland that started yesterday.
The pair finished the 59.6km stage in 4:04:47 after completing rural, rugged route. Nadine Stein and Retha Harding led the women’s race with a time of 4:41:43. Martin Buck and Bonny Swanepoel were the first mixed combination to cross the line, with a time of 4:36:23.
Mike Davis and Robyn Moon raced to victory as the only two solo riders in the event.
Stage one – 59.6km
1. Leonardo van Onselen, Linus van Onselen (Nkonyeni Pre Cast “A”) 4:04:47
2. Brett Stephen, James Spring (Crank Brothers) 4:07:52
3. Mark Pienaar, Gavin Wood (Private Client Holdings) 4:08:00
4. Che Lue, William Kelly (“A” Team) 4:09:06
5. Sifiso Mhlanga, Rudolf Pretorius (Inyatsi Swazi Frontier) 4:12:36
1. Nadine Stein, Retha Harding (Swazi Girls) 4:41:43
2. Miroda Otto, Annie David (Inyatsi Lovely Ladies) 5:16:07
3. Alison Barker, Kerry Davis (The Girls) 9:20:35
1. Martin Buck, Bonny Swanepoel (Bucking Swan) 4:36:23
2. Anton Wood, Jess Salter (Clueless) 6:11:52
3. Richard Cunningham, Wendy Reed (Inyatsi Mix) 6:23:50
4. Bradford van der Westhuizen, Nicola Nairn (AAP) 6:53:50
5. Sarah Watermeyer, Charles Wheeler (Rosendal Roses) 6:54:10
1. Mike Davis 4:13:17
1. Robyn Moon 9:20:34