Andrew Hill and Andrea de Boer won the solo men and women’s races on the first day of the Drak Descent, which took place at the Drakensberg Mountain Range in KwaZulu-Natal today.
Hill won the race in 1:44:13, beating Tyronne White, who finished in second five minutes later. Kombo Bere rounded out the podium.
De Boer won the women’s category in 2:12:24, finishing ahead of Janneke Leask and Carol Reeves.
Julian Jessop and Phillimon Sebona, riding Pyga Euro Steel, won the men’s team race. They beat Team Hattons’ Grant Underwood and Grant Lavers.
Bell Equipment’s Darryn Purtell and Hayley Smith won the mixed team category.
View more results below.
1. Andrew Hill 1:44:13
2. Tyronne White 1:49:22
3. Kombo Bere 1:50:41
4. Andrew Johnson 1:52:48
5. Mboneni Ngcobo 1:53:40
1. Andrea de Boer 2:12:24
2. Janneke Leask 2:25:37
3. Carol Reeves 2:29:03
4. Eileen Downing 2:31:51
5. Bianca Haw 2:37:00
1. Julian Jessop and Phillimon Sebona (Pyga Euro Steel) 1:45:47
2. Grant Underwood and Grant Lavers (Team Hattons) 2:03:33
3. Dylan Williams and Tyrone Johns (Giba Gorge) 2:12:22
1. Darryn Purtell and Hayley Smith (Bell Equipment) 2:08:41
2. Tim Keep and Tiffany Keep (GObikeZA) 2:09:04
3. Alberto Puddin and Landy Puddin (Wild Chix) 2:24:42
1. Rosie Carey and Rentia Denissen (Bushbabes) 2:47:03