Astana’s Riccardo Minali won stage four of the Tour de Langkawi in Pekan today.
Bardiani-CSF’s Andrea Guardini was second over the line with TSG’s Mohd Harrif Saleh placing third.
“Today was a sprint with all the riders. There was no climb, no excuse. When I started my sprint I thought I must go the finish line full gas and I did, so I’m super happy,” said Minali.
Adam de Vos holds onto the overall lead ahead of the queen stage tomorrow.
“I had my awesome teammates looking after me, getting me drinks and ice and just riding the front all day. I didn’t have much to do today so I took it easy and tried to recover for tomorrow,” said De Vos.
Forca Amskins Racing’s Nik Mohd Hazwan Zulkiflie is 4″ behind the leader, with Mitchelton-BikeExchange’s Harrison Sweeny in third.
View more results below.
1. Riccardo Minali (Astana Pro Team) 4:10:14
2. Andrea Guardini (Bardiani CSF)
3. Mohd Harrif Saleh (Terengganu Cycling Team)
4. Luca Pacioni (Wilier Triestina-Selle Italia)
5. Manuel Belletti (Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec)
6. Alan Banaszek (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)
7. Anthony Giacoppo (Bennelong Swisswellness Cycling Team)
8. Jordan Arley Parra Arias (Manzana Postobon)
9. Dylan Page (Team Sapura Cycling)
10. Jacob Hennessy (Mitchelton-BikeExchange)
1. Adam De Vos (Rally Cycling) 16:55:45
2. Nik Mohd Hazwan Zulkiflie (Forca Amskins Racing) +14″
3. Harrison Sweeny (Mitchelton-BikeExchange) +22″
4. Riccardo Minali (Astana Pro Team) +1’09”
5. Paolo Simion (Bardiani CSF) +1’26”
6. Yevgeniy Gidich (Astana Pro Team)
7. Marcelo Felipe (7 Eleven – Cliqq Roadbike Philippines) +’1’27”
8. Thomas Lebas (Kinan Cycling Team)
9. Yikui Niu (Mitchelton-BikeExchange)
10. Alvaro Raul Duarte Sandoval (Forca Amskins Racing) +1’28”