Alexander Rohrer and Luke Evans won the 63.9km first stage of the Storms River Traverse in the Eastern Cape today.
The Team First Ascent pair completed the race in 2:05:10, beating Team Bike Shop Scott Strocam’s Rogan Smart and Aidan Connelly by almost three minutes. Reds’ Rob and Julian Dower came home in third.
Kobus and Fienie Barnard won the mixed category in 2:27:25, beating Nicky Giliomee and Tony Haralambous into second.
Stuart Biesheauvel won the solo men’s category in 2:02:38. Warren Williams finished second 25 minutes later. Martin Esterhuyzen rounded out the podium.
Kathryn Rees won the solo women’s race in 3:01:06, with Monique Lanz and Esmari Mulder finishing second and third respectively.
View provisional results below.
1. Alexander Rohrer & Luke Evans (Team First Ascent) 2:05:10
2. Rogan Smart & Aidan Connelly (Team Bike Shop Scott Strocam) 2:08:04
3. Rob Dower & Julian Dower (Reds) 2:42:50
4. Hein Giliomee & Ben Giliomee (Seattle Coffee) 2:43:32
5. Johan Stumpf & Steve Smith (Tsitsikamma Micro Brewery) 2:49:16
1. Rosa Cilliers & Anneke Lombard (NMP) 3:30:07
2. Sandra Myburgh & Gillian Everdij (The Girls) 3:40:34
3. Tracey Rheeder & Susan-Mary Kerr (Star South) 3:47:33
1. Kobus Barnard & Fienie Barnard (Giantliv) 2:27:25
2. Nicky Giliomee & Tony Haralambous (Seattle Coffee/Topcopy) 2:27:35
3. Stephan Steyn & Marike Steyn (Lazy Lizards) 3:14:16
4. Bernard Bravenboer & Amy Hopkins (Wet and Wild) 3:16:35
5. Annette Lemmer & Johannes Meintjes (Jigsaw Skinners) 3:17:37
1. Stuart Biesheauvel 2:02:38
2. Warren Williams 2:27:18
3. Martin Esterhuyzen 2:31:52
4. Jorrie Jordan 2:31:53
5. Andrew Robinson 2:35:45
1. Kathryn Rees 3:01:06
2. Monique Lanz 3:05:58
3. Esmari Mulder 3:08:51
4. Willemien le Roux 3:21:17
5. Lynn Biesheauvel 3:36:15