Lucy Kennedy set the standard when she won the first Women’s Clasica San Sebastian in San Sebastián, Spain, today.
The 31-year-old Australian, who was part of a group chasing down race leader Janneke Ensing, went clear on the final climb of the day.
She passed the Dutchwoman with less than 1km to the top of the climb to take a solo ride home.
WNT-Rotor Pro’s Ensing had to settle for second as she finished 23 seconds behind Mitchelton-Scott’s Kennedy (3:38:04).
CCC-Liv’s Pailiena Rooijakkers, also from the Netherlands, had to fight for third when the chasing bunch came in 41 seconds later.
South Africa’s Ashleigh Moolman Pasio (+0:04:42) placed 17th in the 127km event.
More results can be viewed below.
1. Lucy Kennedy (Aus) Mitchelton-Scott 3:38:04
2. Janneke Ensing (Ned) WNT-Rotor Pro Cycling +0:00:23
3. Pailiena Rooijakkers (Ned) CCC-Liv 0:01:04
4. Anastasiia Pliaskina (Rus) Cogeas-Mettler Pro Cycling Team ”
5. Edwige Pitel (Fra) Cogeas-Mettler Pro Cycling Team +0:01:06
6. Lourdes Oyarbide (Spa) Movistar Team +0:01:12
7. Ahreum NA (Kor) Alé Cipollini +0:01:38
8. Kathrin Hammes (Ger) WNT-Rotor Pro Cycling ”
9. Hanna Nilsson (Swe) BTC City Ljubljana ”
10. Alessia Vigilia (Ita) Valcar Cylance Cycling +0:02:04
17. Ashleigh Moolman Pasio (RSA) +0:04:42