The event was won by France’s Pauline Ferrand-Prevot, with Slovenia’s Blaza Pintaric third.
Germany’s Adelheid Morath placed fourth, while New Zealand’s Samara Sheppard completed the top five.
SA’s Sarah Hill finished 26th.
“It was really fast and hard at the start. I decided that I want to pass and get to the front for the first downhill because I knew that I could be a bit faster than the others and I wanted to be able to choose my own lines,” said Ferrand-Prevot.
“After this downhill, the gap was between 30 seconds and one minute. I wasn’t sure how I could manage my first marathon race, with the nutrition and drinking enough and to manage everything with my mechanic.
“It was a long race, and it was super hard. I just gave everything and I’m so happy I could make it. I really feel good in myself and I’m just enjoying being able to race at my full strength.”
View more results below.
1. Pauline Ferrand-Prevot (FRA) 3:57:09
2. Blaza Pintaric (SLO) +0:01:53
3. Robyn de Groot (RSA) +0:02:40
4. Adelheid Morath (GER) +0:02:41
5. Samara Sheppard (NZL) +0:04:57
6. Elisabeth Brandau (GER) +0:05:06
7. Stefanie Dohrn (GER) +0:08:32
8. Ilona Chavaillaz (SUI) +0:11:40
9. Katazina Sosna (LTU) +0:11:45
10. Sabine Spitz (GER) +0:12:25
26. Sarah Hill (RSA) +0:30:39