Warren Price secured his sixth consecutive Imana Wild Ride title as he and Andrew Hill won the 18th edition of the event, which finished at the Umngazi River Bungalows on the Wild Cost in the Eastern Cape today.
The Safire/TIB pair had been aiming for a sub-nine time, but missed the mark by just one minute. They finished in 9:01:11, four minutes ahead of Damon Stamp and Darren Lill.
The mixed team of Bianca Haw and Andrew Houston finished third overall after they finished third on the final stage.
Rebecca van der Linde and Candice Lill maintained their form throughout the four days as they made it four from for to win the women’s category.
1. Warren Price, Andrew Hill (Safire/TIB) 9:01:11
2. Damon Stamp, Darren Lill (Wild Ride Supa Soyas) 9:05:38
3. Bianca Haw, Andrew Houston (Beauty and the skinny beast) 11:35:48
4. Craig Woods, Christine Woods (Wildfire) 11:56:21
5. David Yapp, Keith Wenke (Beer & Wine) 13:47:28
Day four (60km)
1. Damon Stamp, Darren Lill (Wild Ride Supa Soyas) 2:54:42
2. Warren Price, Andrew Hill (Safire/TIB) 2:56:42
3. David Yapp, Keith Wenke (Beer & Wine) 4:22:58
4. Justin Mtambeni, Nicole Mtambeki (Umngazi Wild Riders) 4:29:56
5. Fred van Zyl, Derick van Zyl (Mayanah Express) 4:36:04
1. Rebecca van der Linde, Candice Lill (Beach Holiday) 4:35:52
1. Bianca Haw, Andrew Houston (Beauty and the skinny beast) 3:47:10
2. Craig Woods, Christine Woods (Wildfire) 3:50:20
3. Peter Moss, Ilsa van Niekerk (Pinky and the brain) 3:54:27