Netherland’s Anna van der Breggen was crowned the elite women’s road champion after soloing to victory at the UCI Road World Championships in Innsbruck, Austria, today.
Van der Breggen completed the 156.2km race in 4:11:04, beating Australia’s Amanda Spratt by almost four minutes. Italy’s Tatiana Guderzo got home in third.
South Africa’s Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio finished 17th in 4:18:21.
1. Anna Van Der Breggen (Netherlands) 4:11:04
2. Amanda Spratt (Australia) 0:03:42
3. Tatiana Guderzo (Italy) 0:05:26
4. Emilia Fahlin (Sweden) 0:06:13
5. Malgorzata Jasinska (Poland)
6. Karol-Ann Canuel (Canada) 0:06:17
7. Annemiek Van Vleuten (Netherlands) 0:07:05
8. Amy Pieters (Netherlands)
9. Lucinda Brand (Netherlands) 0:07:17
10. Ruth Winder (United States Of America)
11. Rasa Leleivyte (Lithuania)
12. Katarzyna Niewiadoma (Poland)
13. Elisa Longo Borghini (Italy)
14. Sara Poidevin (Canada)
15. Anastasiia Iakovenko (Russian Federation)
16. Megan Guarnier (United States Of America)
17. Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio (South Africa)
18. Clara Koppenburg (Germany)
19. Margarita Victo Garcia Canellas (Spain)
20. Erica Magnaldi (Italy)
DNF. Elne Owen (South Africa)