Thibaut Daprela and Anna Newkirk won the respective junior men’s and women’s downhill races at the UCI MTB World Cup in Fort William, Scotland, today.
Luke Mumford placed second, with Patrick Laffey third.
Fourth place went to Luke Meier-Smith, while Lucas Cruz completed the top five.
In the women’s race, Valentina Holl was runner-up, with Mille Johnset third and Lauryne Chappaz fourth. Mckenna Merten placed fifth.
South African Sabine Thies did not start.
More results can be viewed below.
1. Thibaut Daprela (FRA) 4:45.455
2. Luke Mumford (GBR) 4:46.324
3. Patrick Laffey (CAN) 4:47.608
4. Luke Meier-Smith (AUS) 4:47.869
5. Lucas Cruz (CAN) 4:49.125
6. Jamie Edmondson (GBR) 4:49.346
7. Kye A’Hern (AUS) 4:51.410
8. Elliot Jamieson (CAN) 4:51.755
9. Simon Chapelet (FRA) 4:52:630
10. Seth Sherlock (CAN) 4:52:819
1. Anna Newkirk (USA) 5:33.585
2. Valentina Holl (AUT) 5:37.074
3. Mille Johnset (NOR) 5:43.177
4. Lauryne Chappaz (FRA) 6:42.354
5. Mckenna Merten (IRL) 7:09.341
*Sabine Thies (RSA) DNS