Locally, we dashed between the most important early-season road and mountain bike races and caught up with the various winners. We also look at a new bicycle brand in South Africa.
These and many other interesting stories – such as the desperate water situation at the Cape Town Cycle Tour – are covered in this fast-paced show.
Episode 11 includes:
- Nolan Hoffman sprints to victory at the Fast One;
- Cape Town Cycle Tour to go ahead despite water crisis;
- Daryl Impey makes South African cycling history by winning the Tour Down Under;
- Nicholas Dlamini wins King of the Mountains title at the Tour Down Under – his first WorldTour race;
- Louis Meintjes named African Cyclist of the Year for a second time;
- Eddie van Heerden takes King of the Mountains and top 10 at Sharjah Tour;
- New bicycle brand in South Africa;
- Matthys Beukes and Ariane Lüthi cruise to victory at the Attakwas Extreme MTB Challenge;
- Mountain-biker Matt Beers surprises with overall victory at Mpumalanga Tour; and
- HB Kruger returns to the track to win 25-miler at Paarl Boxing Day event.
Images and video courtesy of: Owen Theunissen, ZC Marketing Consulting/Zoon Cronje, Team BCX Cycling, Mathilde L’azou, Bettiniphoto, Tour Down Under, Nick Muzik, Sam Clark, Cape Town Cycle Tour, Cycle Nation/Rika Joubert, Tour of Good Hope/Robert Ward.