This episode of the In the Bunch show features the season-opening UCI Mountain Bike World Cup race in Stellenbosch where Kiwi Sam Gaze upset world champion Nino Schurter.
Twenty-four hours later we are at the #40take2 Cape Town Cycle Tour where we catch up with Nolan Hoffman and Kim le Court.
We also touch on the three tragic deaths at the race as well as the hit-and-run incident at Berge en Dale.
Tour of Good Hope champions Stefan de Bod and Ariane Luthi talk about their victories and we prod De Bod about his international plans for the rest of the season.
Our Hot Spot features the launch of our In the Bunch-branded cycling kit.
These and several other interesting stories – including the TUE controversy in international cycling and the granting of permission to use disc brakes on the road in South Africa – are unpacked in the “world’s fastest cycling magazine show”.
Episode 13 includes:
- New Zealander Sam Gaze powers to a thrilling victory at the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup race in Stellenbosch;
- Mariske Strauss is the highest-placed South African in the elite category at the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup event;
- Nolan Hoffman and Kim le Court sprint to victory in the Cape Town Cycle Tour;
- Cape Town Cycle Tour rocked by three unfortunate deaths;
- The hit-and-run incident at Berge en Dale;
- Reynard Butler and Carla Oberholzer continue their good form with wins at Berge en Dale;
- Stefan de Bod and Ariane Luthi discuss their Tour of Good Hope victories and De Bod tells of his plans for the rest of the season;
- Controversy surrounding the use of TUEs;
- Hot Spot: In the Bunch launches branded cycling kit;
- National MTB Series cancelled;
- Green light for road cyclists to use disk brakes.
Images & video courtesy of: Redbull TV/Redbull Media House, Shannon Valstar/Epic World Cup, CTCTT/Bigshot Media, Rat Race Media, Pipeline Productions, Tobias Ginsberg, Robert Ward/Tour of Good Hope, Full Stop Communications, Greg Beadle, Karin Schermbrucker, Capcha Photography/Warren Elsom, Mariola Biela, Wikimedia Commons (http://bit.ly/2DydDyi; http://bit.ly/2FOqcHI; http://bit.ly/1mhaR6e).